Closed Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: When did YoVille actually start?

Quote Originally Posted by Jo Cool View Post
    Basically, it was CREATED by independent developers n then Zynga bought it. It was launched in May, 2008. I think on or around May 7 or 8th, cuz i joined shortly thereafter on my other profile. Hope this helps-
    Exactly what I said. Praise the original creator of YoVille. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by OMG SHOES View Post
    Exactly what I said. Praise the original creator of YoVille. LOL
    then whom may we blame for our avatar's big heads? tehe
    click pic for keys
    have a great day!

i started on may 16 (?) ish (maybe 12), 2008. my id number is 21,000 something, so i was within the first 22,000 players to start. i had just signed up for fb, and i saw a pop up for yv on the side bar thingy. i, soon after, persuaded all of my fb friends to sign up, and still have over a 100 of them as neighbors. some played for a while, but not like me! lol. now, i MIGHT have 3 neighbors that SOMETIMES play. (and one of those is my son.) it was wayyyy different than it is now. it's overcrowded now. it used to be so cute and sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by sweet T PIC BONNIE View Post
    i started on may 16 (?) ish (maybe 12), 2008. my id number is 21,000 something, so i was within the first 22,000 players to start. i had just signed up for fb, and i saw a pop up for yv on the side bar thingy. i, soon after, persuaded all of my fb friends to sign up, and still have over a 100 of them as neighbors. some played for a while, but not like me! lol. now, i MIGHT have 3 neighbors that SOMETIMES play. (and one of those is my son.) it was wayyyy different than it is now. it's overcrowded now. it used to be so cute and sweet.
    wish we could rewind time and i could play in 08! i wasnt old enough!
    click pic for keys
    have a great day!

Michigan.. Learn the rules so you know how to break them properly. - Dalai Lama
    Well I tried to go back in the archives of blogs and see if it gave an exact date and it did not but..on its 1 year anniversary the gave us the ability to sit! how cool is that?
    YoVille 1 Year Anniversary - Thank You!

Today is the one year anniversary of YoVille, and we want to thank you for being a part of our community. For the last couple months we’ve been working on something special to release in honor of the anniversary. Today you can finally relax. It’s been a long year and your avatar is probably ready to rest his or her legs. You can now sit on the furniture in the game (or at least most of it that makes sense to sit on).
    The team has been working unbelievably hard on it. In addition to a tremendous amount of development work to support the feature, the artists had to make changes to every sittable piece of furniture and every piece of clothing in the game. We’re really excited to see what you guys do with this new feature. With any big change like this, there’s bound to be some glitches, so please have some patience while we fix them.
    Please sit back and relax and see what the next year has in store for YoVille.

According to your profile, you started on May 14th, 2008.

YoVillian Pixetta Pixie Princess's Avatar
    who was the original creator - can i kiss his/her feet? lol

Quote Originally Posted by Caliboy101 View Post
    According to your profile, you started on May 14th, 2008.
    haha...cool. i was close. :P i knew it was pretty early on. thanks for the info. i was too lazy to look. :P

Quote Originally Posted by moemoe728 View Post
    wish we could rewind time and i could play in 08! i wasnt old enough!
    yes, it was soooo much different. we were ALL noobs. nobody but the top 10 rated rooms had ANY coins at all, and i never have figured out how they made so much so fast. yc was not really available unless you filled out surveys, and it wasn't for much. maybe 10-20 max. there was no such thing as a yc rate bc, well, we had not figured out how to trade it yet. (that didn't really start happening until dec. -ish 2009). and like i said, not too many people had it anyway. i lived on 5-10k (20 tops) for well over a year and had tons of fun spending that! auctions were calm, cool and i COLLECTED tons!!! we all lined up in the factory together to wait our turn at the little star to get coins every 6 hours. zen was the coolest line available, and free pig tails with any of the old skool clothing items (the cheap ones that are still there now) was THE fashion. costumes could only be worn for halloween, or so we thought, so i skipped all of 'em. yep. i did that. lol. guess that joke was on ME! hah! it was fun, though. it's nice to have been around long enough to see how it's evolved.

yes, it was soooo much different. we were ALL noobs. nobody but the top 10 rated rooms had ANY coins at all, and i never have figured out how they made so much so fast. yc was not really available unless you filled out surveys, and it wasn't for much. maybe 10-20 max. there was no such thing as a yc rate bc, well, we had not figured out how to trade it yet. (that didn't really start happening until dec. -ish 2009). and like i said, not too many people had it anyway. i lived on 5-10k (20 tops) for well over a year and had tons of fun spending that! auctions were calm, cool and i COLLECTED tons!!! we all lined up in the factory together to wait our turn at the little star to get coins every 6 hours. zen was the coolest line available, and free pig tails with any of the old skool clothing items (the cheap ones that are still there now) was THE fashion. costumes could only be worn for halloween, or so we thought, so i skipped all of 'em. yep. i did that. lol. guess that joke was on ME! hah! it was fun, though. it's nice to have been around long enough to see how it's evolved.
    I remember the top rated rooms. I loved that feature!

P.S. YoCash wasn't available. YoCash went live until January 2009 with the opening of the pet shelter.

Closed Thread