+ Reply to Thread

Thread: HOW TO:Get Rich on Yoville

HOW TO:Get Rich on Yoville

I have 4 2008 costumes so far, and 1M coins.How?Here I am with tips to get rich!Here is 5 tips:

1.It's all about buying and re-selling.Buy cheap, sell large.EXAMPLE:Water Balloon Machine, buy for 1.2M and sell for 1.3M or more.

2.Auctions.You can get a cheap deal!I've seen Santa 2008 sell in a auction for 250k.Didn't have my 1M at the time though

3.Buy costumes mostly.More people like costumes than items.Go to Trading in game and go to the bottom.GOOD DEALS!!

4.Yc dealing.3k:1 is the new rate, and it sells good.Sell 2k:1-4k:1 but don't sell for 1k:1 and don't sell to the bank!There rate is only 100c:1

5.Promise not to trade unless you really want it!Make coins, not trades!

Hope you get rich soon!

your profile says you joined 8 days ago....

Quote Originally Posted by butterflytxgirl View Post
    your profile says you joined 8 days ago....
    What?

Quote Originally Posted by _jfjgkGHGH View Post
    What?
    Oh I did..so?

I have 4 2008 costumes so far, and 1M coins.How?Here I am with tips to get rich!Here is 5 tips:

1.It's all about buying and re-selling.Buy cheap, sell large.EXAMPLE:Water Balloon Machine, buy for 1.2M and sell for 1.3M or more.

Okay, so you have 1m coins and you're advising people to get rich by spending 1.2m on an item and reselling it? This then is a guide for the people who are already rich, and who obviously don't need your advice.

2.Auctions.You can get a cheap deal!I've seen Santa 2008 sell in a auction for 250k.Didn't have my 1M at the time though

This is very true, although you can literally spends days or weeks at auctions and not find items with that kind of big ticket mark-up. Again, you're telling someone who is at least well-off how to get rich. The average player reading this probably doesn't have 250k, any more than you did when you saw the deal.

3.Buy costumes mostly.More people like costumes than items.Go to Trading in game and go to the bottom.GOOD DEALS!!

Decent advice, but again the problem is getting enough gold that you can buy the hot-selling costumes like the 2008 ones. If you're forced to start small with costumes currently available, you may be sitting on those costumes for months before you can make a decent profit. Not a great starting out strategy on your road to wealth.

4.Yc dealing.3k:1 is the new rate, and it sells good.Sell 2k:1-4k:1 but don't sell for 1k:1 and don't sell to the bank!There rate is only 100c:1

This is very true. There's a huge demand for Yocash, and I honestly believe that it's generally a good value (though some YC items are over-priced in many players' opinions). However, most people looking to "Get Rich on Yoville" are probably not looking to empty their wallets to do it. This is the best of your suggestions, and Zynga will love you for every single person who follows your advice, but buying your way to wealth with real money is probably not very many people's idea of "getting rich" in the game. By all means, when you really want something in the game and there isn't another way to get it (like the homes) spend the Yocash.

This assumes that you don't understand the value of expensive items, in which case you shouldn't be buying or selling at all, lol. Trades with a little thought behind them can be very lucrative, while still being fair. For example, trading for seasonal costumes a couple of months in advance of the season has a great potential for profit. Also, there's nothing stopping you from being the one who proposes a trade. Some players have valuable items and just don't like selliing.

So how do you really "get rich" on Yoville? Although I don't claim to be rich myself, I know some rich players, a few who have been around from the start, and others who've made their wealth more recently. My roommate makes fistfuls of money every times he's on, and his 'secret' is adopting a wealthy attitude.

Keep in mind that this is a social game. Who you know (if you want to become wealthy) is far more important than how well you can buy at auction. Wealthy players keep each other informed of trends, they often sell items to each other for small fractions of their value, and most of them are very nice when they feel comfortable with you. My roommate sells 200-300k of yocash items for one player when he's on, and is rewarded handsomely.

Don't try to 'friend' the wealthy to get steals on their items. Befriend them because they are interesting, genuine, fun-loving people whose company you enjoy. They're human too. They like to receive compliments and gifts. As many 'get rich' books advise, "take a rich man to dinner," meaning invest your time in soaking up the mindset of the rich.

Take on a rich attitude for yourself. Decorate tastefully, don't just strew freebie items all over your rooms. One nicely decorated home is more impressive than two dozen trashy ones. Wear nice, distinct clothes, so that you are easily recognized. If you have some roleplaying passion for the game, be the character you create. This can be a lot of fun for everyone around you. Go to sales put on by the rich in off hours. Buy a little something, chat them up. If you think that person is someone you'd enjoy knowing, invite them to visit you, or ask if you could see one of their homes. If it doesn't work out, move on, but you may just find a new wealthy friend.

That's the attitude side, but there are some practical approaches to creating Yoville wealth also. One is, make sure you have at least 32 active friends in the game so you can exchange gifts every day. Mostly give the ones that have a chance of containing YoCash or large coin amounts. I see many people moan that their friends "don't play" so they never get gifts. Make new friends! This is a social game, get out and meet people. You can easily make thousands of coins a day just from exchanging gifts.

The biggest jump forward on the road to wealth you can probably take is to find hot new rares (whether it's from some new mystery gift, or a whole new mechanic like the diamond boxes from leveling) and sell those rares. Although there's no guarantee of this in most cases, playing every day and optimizing your chances of finding something valuable makes it a lot more likely. The circular dance floor was selling for 100k plus when people first started finding them in the diamond boxes. The volcanoes from the "invite a friend" promotion sold for over 1m. If you really know how to play the social game and get one of these gifts though, consider giving it to one of your new wealthy friends. Something these players never have enough of is time, and one of the main things they desire is the prestige of always having the best. When you increase a wealthy person's prestige, your action will often repay your "investment" many times over down the road. Consider it reciprocity. By giving, you receive. There's no scientific explanation, but it really works. You give person A something nice and out of the blue person B or C gives you a great deal. Strange but true.

In summary, to get rich on Yoville:

1. Optimize your daily coin rewards by maintaining active friendships. Take advantage of any special promotions or gift boxes where you might find a valuable item that you can resell for a lot of coins.

2. Invest in your appearance and your home. Be distinct. Decorate tastefully. If you don't really want or need something, give it away.

3. Cultivate friendships with wealthy players, not to take advantage of them, but to learn from them. Everyone else wants their money; you want to learn from them and adopt their mindsets, not beg for their crumbs. Be fun. Be useful. Be supportive. NOBODY has enough good friends, not Donald Trump or the richest Yovillain. Be a good friend to the wealthy (and to all your friends) and you too will become rich.
    Last edited by Diddybob; 03-01-2011 at 04:52 PM. Reason: bolding
    Wishlist: Egyptian (especially furniture and statues) and Hollywood Set (especially science fiction stuff). Collectibles: Moai Statue, Venus Flytrap, Tiki Bar Stools. Anything SF, fantasy, horror.
    Freebie Wishlist: Vinnie's Meal, original dark green mystery gift.
    ZOMG: '08 Astronaut (every mad scientist needs one), Volcano.

Sydney, New South Wales, Australia, 110884905606108, Sydney, Australia
    THANK YOU Dibbybob, what you say makes so much sense !!! I'll definatley be taking some of that on, I've only just started so _jfjgkGHGH's advice dosen't help me, your right about not having that kind of money !!! :-)

Sydney, New South Wales, Australia, 110884905606108, Sydney, Australia
    Thank You Diddybob, you make so much sense !!! I've only just started playing so you were right that _jfjgkGHGH;s advice isn't much help to me I can't imagine every having 1M in YoVille :-)

Let's face it. Most (I repeat most, not all) of the filthy rich players on YoVille have got there by cheating. They have multiple (illegal) accounts. They can go to the factory many times at once. They can Max themselves all day. They scalp for items that they got for next to nothing. They don't play for 'fun', they play a dog-eat-dog game.

They missed the invisable road sign in YoVille that says "The bridge is out ~ Turn Around". In other words, they lost sense of reality; that it is only a game. note: Zynga is currently doing a great job of eliminating those cheaters.

So, I'd advise not to play to 'get rich', but play to have fun. Fill up your houses one at a time, and have fun doing it. In the process of fair game playing, you won't hurt anyone else, you will have fun, and each new item that you acquire will be a 'treasure' not a 'hit' to the brain. (As in video game addictions.)

And, most of all ~ don't ever find yourself giving up the really important things in life to sit behind your pc screen. It is not good for your health to 'sit' for long periods of time, unless you are confined to a wheelchair.

Spring is coming ~ to be 'rich' is to get outside and watch the blossoms burst into view ~

JMHO

Quote Originally Posted by Diddybob View Post

Okay, so you have 1m coins and you're advising people to get rich by spending 1.2m on an item and reselling it? This then is a guide for the people who are already rich, and who obviously don't need your advice.

This is very true, although you can literally spends days or weeks at auctions and not find items with that kind of big ticket mark-up. Again, you're telling someone who is at least well-off how to get rich. The average player reading this probably doesn't have 250k, any more than you did when you saw the deal.

Decent advice, but again the problem is getting enough gold that you can buy the hot-selling costumes like the 2008 ones. If you're forced to start small with costumes currently available, you may be sitting on those costumes for months before you can make a decent profit. Not a great starting out strategy on your road to wealth.

This is very true. There's a huge demand for Yocash, and I honestly believe that it's generally a good value (though some YC items are over-priced in many players' opinions). However, most people looking to "Get Rich on Yoville" are probably not looking to empty their wallets to do it. This is the best of your suggestions, and Zynga will love you for every single person who follows your advice, but buying your way to wealth with real money is probably not very many people's idea of "getting rich" in the game. By all means, when you really want something in the game and there isn't another way to get it (like the homes) spend the Yocash.

This assumes that you don't understand the value of expensive items, in which case you shouldn't be buying or selling at all, lol. Trades with a little thought behind them can be very lucrative, while still being fair. For example, trading for seasonal costumes a couple of months in advance of the season has a great potential for profit. Also, there's nothing stopping you from being the one who proposes a trade. Some players have valuable items and just don't like selliing.

So how do you really "get rich" on Yoville? Although I don't claim to be rich myself, I know some rich players, a few who have been around from the start, and others who've made their wealth more recently. My roommate makes fistfuls of money every times he's on, and his 'secret' is adopting a wealthy attitude.

Keep in mind that this is a social game. Who you know (if you want to become wealthy) is far more important than how well you can buy at auction. Wealthy players keep each other informed of trends, they often sell items to each other for small fractions of their value, and most of them are very nice when they feel comfortable with you. My roommate sells 200-300k of yocash items for one player when he's on, and is rewarded handsomely.

Don't try to 'friend' the wealthy to get steals on their items. Befriend them because they are interesting, genuine, fun-loving people whose company you enjoy. They're human too. They like to receive compliments and gifts. As many 'get rich' books advise, "take a rich man to dinner," meaning invest your time in soaking up the mindset of the rich.

Take on a rich attitude for yourself. Decorate tastefully, don't just strew freebie items all over your rooms. One nicely decorated home is more impressive than two dozen trashy ones. Wear nice, distinct clothes, so that you are easily recognized. If you have some roleplaying passion for the game, be the character you create. This can be a lot of fun for everyone around you. Go to sales put on by the rich in off hours. Buy a little something, chat them up. If you think that person is someone you'd enjoy knowing, invite them to visit you, or ask if you could see one of their homes. If it doesn't work out, move on, but you may just find a new wealthy friend.

That's the attitude side, but there are some practical approaches to creating Yoville wealth also. One is, make sure you have at least 32 active friends in the game so you can exchange gifts every day. Mostly give the ones that have a chance of containing YoCash or large coin amounts. I see many people moan that their friends "don't play" so they never get gifts. Make new friends! This is a social game, get out and meet people. You can easily make thousands of coins a day just from exchanging gifts.

The biggest jump forward on the road to wealth you can probably take is to find hot new rares (whether it's from some new mystery gift, or a whole new mechanic like the diamond boxes from leveling) and sell those rares. Although there's no guarantee of this in most cases, playing every day and optimizing your chances of finding something valuable makes it a lot more likely. The circular dance floor was selling for 100k plus when people first started finding them in the diamond boxes. The volcanoes from the "invite a friend" promotion sold for over 1m. If you really know how to play the social game and get one of these gifts though, consider giving it to one of your new wealthy friends. Something these players never have enough of is time, and one of the main things they desire is the prestige of always having the best. When you increase a wealthy person's prestige, your action will often repay your "investment" many times over down the road. Consider it reciprocity. By giving, you receive. There's no scientific explanation, but it really works. You give person A something nice and out of the blue person B or C gives you a great deal. Strange but true.

In summary, to get rich on Yoville:

1. Optimize your daily coin rewards by maintaining active friendships. Take advantage of any special promotions or gift boxes where you might find a valuable item that you can resell for a lot of coins.

2. Invest in your appearance and your home. Be distinct. Decorate tastefully. If you don't really want or need something, give it away.

3. Cultivate friendships with wealthy players, not to take advantage of them, but to learn from them. Everyone else wants their money; you want to learn from them and adopt their mindsets, not beg for their crumbs. Be fun. Be useful. Be supportive. NOBODY has enough good friends, not Donald Trump or the richest Yovillain. Be a good friend to the wealthy (and to all your friends) and you too will become rich.
    What a nice long post. ;0

+ Reply to Thread