+ Reply to Thread

Thread: When Did YoVille Application Started?

When Did YoVille Application Started?

Hi!
    Im just very curious about YoVille...

When Did YoVille Application Started in MySpace?

and

When Did YoVille Application Started in Facebook?

thanks...

Not sure about Myspace, but started on Facebook May 8, 2008. This weekend we will be celebrating the 3rd anniversary.

Welcome to the forums.

When it started there was
    Facebook, Myspace and Tagged.

May 8th 2008 is when Facebook launched YoVille and I am guessing same for MySpace.
    Maybe Google it .

not many people know, but yoville actually started in late 07 with a beta version

Hiding in yo window, snatching yo people up!
    Quote Originally Posted by nWo JUSTIN View Post
    not many people know, but yoville actually started in late 07 with a beta version
    :O interesting!!!!!!

i had a person say she was from 2006 because i said she wasn't around w hen i was XD anyway yoville was actually the first "ville" and wasn't owned by zynga originally witch is why some might like 08 costumes more :P
    I don't design anymore, I sucked in the end anyway,and there Is no way I could get used to designing again.

I'm only sure about Facebook. It started on May 8th, 2008. I think that it was British time, because, of what I've heard - it was a british company that launched YoVille. So, in America it could have very well been May 7th, 2008. Also, I think it was launched on May 8th, 2008 on Bebo aswell. No proof on that considering YoVille was pulled on Bebo and Tagged. So, eventually Myspace and Tagged joined. When I asked Pink Ninja about who owned YoVille originally she said that the person who owned YoVille before June 2008 isn't on the Zynga team (she used anymore, I think. The post has since been deleted, I think.)

But, yeah, Bebo and Tagged YoVille's were taken off the networks. May 2010 for Tagged. No idea on Bebo.

Quote Originally Posted by maggie PSK View Post
    :O interesting!!!!!!

i had a person say she was from 2006 because i said she wasn't around w hen i was XD anyway yoville was actually the first "ville" and wasn't owned by zynga originally witch is why some might like 08 costumes more :P
    08 costumes were made by Zynga. Zynga acquired YoVille when it received $29 million from ''Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers and Institutional Venture Partners and it included funding from previous investors Union Square Ventures, Foundry Group and Avalon Ventures.''

This is the part of a article that you can find on Google.

Quote Originally Posted by Inside Facebook
    In addition Zynga is announcing the acquisition of Facebook application YoVille, which it claims is the “largest virtual world game” on social networks. YoVille’s rapid growth to 150,000 daily active users has caught the attention of many Facebook application developers recently, and it joins a number of other top (and formerly independent) Facebook game developers that have joined the Zynga fold.
    That article was posted on July 23rd, 2008 but Zynga bought YoVille sometime in June 2008.

Hiding in yo window, snatching yo people up!
    Quote Originally Posted by Caliboy101 View Post
    08 costumes were made by Zynga. Zynga acquired YoVille when it received $29 million from ''Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers and Institutional Venture Partners and it included funding from previous investors Union Square Ventures, Foundry Group and Avalon Ventures.''

This is the part of a article that you can find on Google.

That article was posted on July 23rd, 2008 but Zynga bought YoVille sometime in June 2008.
    oohhhh ok
    I don't design anymore, I sucked in the end anyway,and there Is no way I could get used to designing again.

Well how I actually remember it is this; Yoville was first released on Facebook in March 2008, by independent game developers in England which was later purchased from them by Zynga on May 5-8, 2008, around the same time that it was first released on Myspace. I remember this because a friend introduced it to me in April of that year. During that time the game didn't even have a beach yet. Unfortunately I had forgotten about the game until I eventually joined up with it later in September of that year, when I got more FB requests from friends to join it and by then I had already missed out on the first few collectibles, which just came out in the previous month. Every week someone in Yoville would hold an event to give a coin award to the highest rated Apartment, from which only one person was winning this every week, I still remember his name, but will not mention it here, even if he has long sense gone. Pink Ninja was the first and only "Ninja" moderator at the time, and in some ways she was like Yoville's queen bee in the bunch, or even yoville's mayor, since she was at first privy to have things that no one else had until a few months to a year later, and in her own way she became something of a legend. Houses where not introduced until November of that year and Yo Cash was finally introduced in Yoville first, in around the end of January of 09, from which other independent FB online gaming companies also introduced the idea into their games in the following months. Now as to how far the game will go from here is anyone's guess in the years to come with new computer technology advances, etc. So we will just have to wait and see.
    Last edited by Truthseeker; 05-06-2011 at 06:26 AM.

+ Reply to Thread