+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: A Serious thread, about Yovilles Future.

Posty McPosterson Anthony Hiram's Avatar

A Serious thread, about Yovilles Future.

Friends, forumers, players of Yoville. As you may all see, Yoville is in a very weak position in Zynga. Yovilles future does not seem very bright...

I have created this thread so that we may discuss what we believe should be done to keep this game healthy. I also hope that this ninjas will see this thread and pass it on to Zynga them selves. For those of you who believe that they won't listen to us, back off, because if that is the case then this thread is not for you. Zynga has listened before and they can do so again.

Here is what i think...

As much as Zynga plays a role in maintaining this game, believe it or not, the players play a major role as well. In fact, the players are just as important to this game as much as Zynga them selves. If there were no players, then there would be no Yoville. If here was no Zynga, Yoville would of have never have been purchased, and would probably be shut down today. I don't like it when players turn their faces at Zynga as though they are the only ones who can fix the game, players can fix the game too. You might be asking yourself, "How could players possibly help fix the game?". Well i have the answer to that too, make the gaming experience more enjoyable for everyone else! Host contests, throw parties, create new games, gift others, all of these activities are what can help make Yoville a better game. Help out new players, show them around, if you don't feel comfortable gifting new players, then just give them a warm welcome, and help them get started with the game! Believe it or not, the reason this game gets such a small numbers of new daily players is because of how the newbies are treated once they start playing, going to events, and instantly being called a noob. Being kicked out of events, just because they sport starter clothing, or being bullied by the other Yovillians.

Now, believe me, calling other people noobs is considered cyber bullying, which is illegal in many countries. And why is calling others "noobs" considered cyber bullying? Because many people find it offensive!

Now back to topic, don't kick people out of your auctions or sales just because you think they are noobs, that will make them feel unwanted, and higher the chances of them leaving. Even if you know they don't have enough money to buy anything from you, don't kick or yell at them, they could be just window shopping for all you know, or just like to look at the various items Yoville has to offer.

Also don't blame Zynga entirely for the games low position, for all we know, they could be listening to us, but what if there are certain rules that they must follow? What if we are asking them for too much? What if the Yoville team is very small and can only handle so much at a time? Now believe it or not, Zynga supposedly has 2 more years worth of themes planned and possibly more to come, so don't be surprised if your theme does not come right away.

Ok, now we can look at Zynga....

Zynga you must understand that to have a healthy game, you must have happy players. Many players are not so very happy, but this can all be fixed, as long as you listen to them. If they ask for a theme, add that theme to the list right away! If they ask for a new feature, add that to the to-do list as well! Update the game, no matter how long it takes, i bet many players would like it if the town of Yoville had a new look. Update the freebies, and give us more updates! Give us some more sneak peeks, many players like those! Have more room decoration contests, update Yoville.com.

These are just a few things that could make Yoville better, but there are more! Try to listen to your players, and if you can't, then tell them why! Don't just leave them there hanging.

Zynga, if you really care about Yoville, then show it!

__________________________________________________ ___________________________

Now, friends, forumers, players of Yoville, its your turn to discuss what you believe can be done to make Yoville the perfect game! Don't hold back, and give full details if you wish, remember, the ninjas may read this thread and pass along your feed back!

Forum Hurricane $Richy$(V.I.P.)'s Avatar
    I hope Zynga reads about this and players too. But I think the people who kick the new people out of events do n't go to the forum. And the reason why YoVille has some problems is because all the codes are basically ancient. But what you said is true, Yoville can be what it wad with the help of both Zynga and ourselves. If we do that, this game could have a promising future. And some people only log in to Yoville to hang out with their friends only. I have some friends who used to play Yoville a lot, decorate, buy clothes, but only come now just for the friends.
    I hope this is passed on and taken into consideration.

Curling up on the couch,reading Harry Potter.
    I wasn't really bothered to read the whole thing. <---------Laziness right there.
    ♥ Click my siggy to visit me ♥

I'm a one man wolf pack. Aaaaoooowwwww!!!
    First of all, thank you for your passion about Yo. I do hope Z listens. My list is relatively simple, but requires fundamental changes in a few areas.

1. No more BAD surprises. Z is notorious for beating us down with crap that sux. Stop it. Don't call it FULL SCREEN when all it is shrinking the map and making us blow it up. Don't pull the rug out from Myspace players. Etc etc......
    2. Make VIP matter. Stop consistently ripping off your best paying customers. Give them what they pay for. Hell, give them MORE than they pay for and do it on time and without error.
    3. Plan for and announce releases. Build up the expectations of your players and then OVER DELIVER on them. We all miss the days of WAITING for new stuff.
    4. Stop trying to milk players. When companies nickel and dime, customers go elsewhere. Price the stuff right. An entire 5 room house should cost $20 to decorate.
    5. Provide adequate support. Most players just quit because they can't get problems resolved. That is an AWFUL business plan.
    6. Get your employees to play the game. Nothing improves a game like engaged developers.
    7. Have at least one or more in game Zynga sponsored events each month. Show your face. Be proud of your game.
    8. Make the game technically flawless. I know this is impossible, but it should be the goal. Most days it feels like you are trying to see how much we will tolerate before we give up.
    9. Have fun. I know this idea seems simple, and it is. Stop worrying about whining and just make fun stuff. Peeps will buy it if it is fun. That nekkid tattoo glitch was a perfect example. Go ahead and fix it, but make being nekkid possible.
    10. Make some money. You could make so much more, but you choose to hit us with a stick rather than lead us with a carrot. Be smarter than that please.

So there is my 10 for today. The Yoverse is worth saving. Just sayin........

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Hiram View Post

Ok, now we can look at Zynga....

Zynga you must understand that to have a healthy game, you must have happy players. Many players are not so very happy, but this can all be fixed, as long as you listen to them. If they ask for a theme, add that theme to the list right away! If they ask for a new feature, add that to the to-do list as well! Update the game, no matter how long it takes, i bet many players would like it if the town of Yoville had a new look. Update the freebies, and give us more updates! Give us some more sneak peeks, many players like those! Have more room decoration contests, update Yoville.com.

These are just a few things that could make Yoville better, but there are more! Try to listen to your players, and if you can't, then tell them why! Don't just leave them there hanging.

Zynga, if you really care about Yoville, then show it!
    These are valid points, and I totally agree with them.

It all depends, of course, on what plans Zynga and in particular, the new CEO, has for the game. Right now, there seems to be all all-out push towards apps and online gambling, with major cuts in the 'traditional game' departments. Looking at it from a business point of view, if Zynga really does see its future in apps and gambling, then is it prepared to invest in the older games like YoVille? I can see Poker and FarmVille 2 still being promoted because there are still millions of active players, but a game like YoVille which has seen it's player count plummet from in excess of 10M to 500,000?

Yes, there are still a lot of us who plough real money into the game, but not nearly as much money as the poker and farm players.

I really want to see this game continue, and improve, but right now I just don't know. I've worked in the finance world long enough to be keeping an open mind right now.

Head of YoRehab Writers Team
    I may not be actively posting but I sure as hell am still reading!

I agree... Something must be done! You won't get any pooer or any richer by giving 20, 30 or 50k to a noob to start them out in the game. Not all noobs are some little annoying coin beggars. Some of them are really enjoyable to hang out with! Don't be afraid to socialize with them. If an annoying noobs pisses you off, don't stop helping them. Like everyone else, there are good people and there are bad ones too. You just need to avoid the bad ones. A book must NEVER be judge by its cover.

Very nice! Well I love the game but there are several things I would change to make players (especially the ones that spend money) happy! For one MAINTAIN VIP option! There hasn't been new VIP stuff in forever! We pay for VIP please keep your VIP players happy! Number 2 and this is a big one! STORAGE!!!!!!!!!! Please please please for the love of God if you wish for me to continue to buy stuff give me the option to store my items the way I wish without causing my computer to freeze up or run so slowly I don't even want to play! I have a huge inventory and it is impossible to decorate because I can't find my stuff. If I store it in houses it is a huge pain. Then you have to find the right house and go get it then go back to the house and room you are decorating place it and it may not even be the item you really want. I say give us folders that we can organize OURSELVES the way we choose for all items. You could even sell the folders and make more money! Just make sure it takes care of the inventory LAG in the system. I would like to store furniture, clothes and HOUSES! Also let us sell our houses! There are houses I want and can not get but if we could sell houses I am sure I could buy on AH. ok I think that about sums up my suggestions other than the fashion contest is over run with cheats! But that is another thread.

CLICK MY SIGGY TO VISIT ME
    NEVER SAY DIE FIGHT TILL THE END!!!!!

Good thread with lots of good suggestions. I hope Zynga is listening.
    [SIGPIC]Robyn VIP
    More Wags Less Barks

Quote Originally Posted by Rodd View Post
    First of all, thank you for your passion about Yo. I do hope Z listens. My list is relatively simple, but requires fundamental changes in a few areas.

1. No more BAD surprises. Z is notorious for beating us down with crap that sux. Stop it. Don't call it FULL SCREEN when all it is shrinking the map and making us blow it up. Don't pull the rug out from Myspace players. Etc etc......
    2. Make VIP matter. Stop consistently ripping off your best paying customers. Give them what they pay for. Hell, give them MORE than they pay for and do it on time and without error.
    3. Plan for and announce releases. Build up the expectations of your players and then OVER DELIVER on them. We all miss the days of WAITING for new stuff.
    4. Stop trying to milk players. When companies nickel and dime, customers go elsewhere. Price the stuff right. An entire 5 room house should cost $20 to decorate.
    5. Provide adequate support. Most players just quit because they can't get problems resolved. That is an AWFUL business plan.
    6. Get your employees to play the game. Nothing improves a game like engaged developers.
    7. Have at least one or more in game Zynga sponsored events each month. Show your face. Be proud of your game.
    8. Make the game technically flawless. I know this is impossible, but it should be the goal. Most days it feels like you are trying to see how much we will tolerate before we give up.
    9. Have fun. I know this idea seems simple, and it is. Stop worrying about whining and just make fun stuff. Peeps will buy it if it is fun. That nekkid tattoo glitch was a perfect example. Go ahead and fix it, but make being nekkid possible.
    10. Make some money. You could make so much more, but you choose to hit us with a stick rather than lead us with a carrot. Be smarter than that please.

So there is my 10 for today. The Yoverse is worth saving. Just sayin........
    I agree Rodd. I love carrots!

I agree more than enough with what everyone has said here. This game has full potential and hopefully the new CEO can see that. I think the thing that could really help this game is SUPPORT. People don't come to play a game that has bugs and glitches so if you are not willing to fix them, you need a reliable support team which sadly, you lack. People quit this game not only because of ridiculous prices and various other things, but they quit because they cannot contact anyone to find a fix to their problems. I feel like the team only listens to us when it's convenient for them to make money, ex. rereleases. How long have we been asking for Yoville.com to be fixed and updated and now look at myspace players? It's getting out of hand. Problems pile on day by day and there is no way to fix it other than contacting you through twitter which is a mess in itself and trying to tear through pages on the support website just to find an email link that no one ever replies to. Hopefully, Z can get its act together and realize what is right in front of it. I'm going to keep the glass half full now but who says it isn't going to spill?
    Everybody will be dancing and be doin' it right.

Zu meine Freundinnen und Freunde und viele mehr. Ich liebe euch. ♥

+ Reply to Thread